Tuesday, July 18, 2006

My Nanny's Farewell

I believe that this was the hardest thing that I have ever had to do. My Nanny (grandma) was one of the most wonderful women that I have ever met. She was a woman that once you met her - you'd never forget her...in the best way possible. She had an infectious laugh, a tender heart and love for all those she came in contact with. Even in her last days with us on this earth - she still was bringing smiles to peoples faces and lifting the spirits of those around her - even during some of her worst days. When she smiled - you just had to smile back.

Before she flew to be with Jesus, she asked that we not hold a memorial - rather she wanted people to remember her as she was, not just as a body. So our family: my mom, dad, sister and I, took my Nanny's ashes to a secluded spot and sent her ashes to be with God's beautiful creation.

In rememberance of my Nanny, I decided to get something that would remind me of her everyday and that I need to live life to the fullest. Below is my memoral for her. I will miss her - she was the best grandma and friend that a granddaughter could ever ask for her. Can't wait to see her in heaven!

My Nanny with my baby sis

My tribute to my Nanny

More pictures to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment