Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Okay, lets be honest, shall we? I have been quite the bad blogger lately. My previous goal was to get a new blog up about the family (Kiera really ;D) each week with a new recipe on the blog as well. Well, that went down the tube quickly when I returned fom Europe and went straight into Clinique's bonus time which has me working 35+ hours a week during nights and weekends. I think I worked 15 days straight at one point. *whew* Anyway, the relief after gift usually comes quickly and is much needed but not this time. We are still short quite a few people on the counter and others wanted to take their vacations as well. So, I am still averaging about 34 hours a week at work and do not see a reprieve coming anytime soon. But at this point I do not care. I need to get this back up and running; it helps me continue to adhere to a schedule and do things that I enjoy doing, which I keep forgetting to do.
So, all that being said, I will be back to one blog post a week with a new recipe post as well. I hope that you all enjoy the posts as much as I enjoy making them. Soooooo without further ado, here is one for this week. ((And so early in the week! *pats self on back*.... ))


Virginia has such weird weather. One day it is freezing and the next it is 75 degrees, so weird. I miss my Seattle weather of: here is September, bring on the rain and gray skies. *sigh* I miss good ol' dependable Seattle. Anyway, when one of these fluke days hit at the end of October, I took Kiera out to Old Town in Alexandria. We walked around and around, window shopping, grabbing a bite to eat and finally ending up at the pier. I brought a few of pieces of bread for Kiera to feed to the ducks. I now know, that really I should bring a whole loaf. That girl was flinging bread left and right so fast we were out of bread in 10 minutes. But Kiera still had fun seeing all the ducks swimming around and she even fed some little birds that wanted to get in on the free buffet.

I look forward to spring coming next year so we can do this more often. The pier is such a beautiful area. And the changing leaves were even better, I so love the reds, yellows and oranges that come out in fall. The east coast does have the niche on beautiful fall foliage - sorry Seattle. Besides, it is always nice to such a satisfied smile on my baby girls face.





Isn't she just the cutest thing on the planet???




And what kind of outing would it be if I didn't take my obligatory tree picture? I love trees!!!

1 comment:

  1. Sje is such a little girl now, not more baby...SO SWEET!!!

    ReplyDelete