I put a couple of ounces of formula in the sippy cup and give it to Kiera to try..well, actually I put it in her mouth and let her try it out. I noticed that there was NOTHING coming out the cup. Curious...So, I investigate. I turn the cup upside down, nothin'. I open up the cup and look under the lid and there were plastic pieces. So, I remove those thinking that maybe these are "packing material". I turn the cup upside down and it POURS OUT. Okay, not a good idea and obviously the plastic pieces were NOT packing material. I put the plastic pieces back on and think to myself, "what am I doing wrong?". Then the famous last words popped into my head: "I'll just try to use the sippy cup". BAD MOVE. I knew that the formula smelt bad but how was I ever to know that it was to be the FOULEST thing to ever enter my mouth. I sipped on the cup and down flowed the formula. First thought: "okay the sippy cup works", second thought, "Why did I just do that????" Too late and no where to spit it out, so I swallow it. But it only gets half way down my pipes when I start to gag. The formula comes back up out my mouth AND nose. Now I am dry heaving, my nose stings and I think that I might permanently smell formula for the rest of my life, all the while Kiera is cooing and squealing - thanks for the sympathy... So, now I guess you could say that this simple, cute, pink, little sippy cup is now on my nemesis list - a short list, but it is there. So, take it from me - sippy cups work that way and do not put that cup in your mouth even if it is for the sake of your baby....
Friday, October 17, 2008
My nemesis
I put a couple of ounces of formula in the sippy cup and give it to Kiera to try..well, actually I put it in her mouth and let her try it out. I noticed that there was NOTHING coming out the cup. Curious...So, I investigate. I turn the cup upside down, nothin'. I open up the cup and look under the lid and there were plastic pieces. So, I remove those thinking that maybe these are "packing material". I turn the cup upside down and it POURS OUT. Okay, not a good idea and obviously the plastic pieces were NOT packing material. I put the plastic pieces back on and think to myself, "what am I doing wrong?". Then the famous last words popped into my head: "I'll just try to use the sippy cup". BAD MOVE. I knew that the formula smelt bad but how was I ever to know that it was to be the FOULEST thing to ever enter my mouth. I sipped on the cup and down flowed the formula. First thought: "okay the sippy cup works", second thought, "Why did I just do that????" Too late and no where to spit it out, so I swallow it. But it only gets half way down my pipes when I start to gag. The formula comes back up out my mouth AND nose. Now I am dry heaving, my nose stings and I think that I might permanently smell formula for the rest of my life, all the while Kiera is cooing and squealing - thanks for the sympathy... So, now I guess you could say that this simple, cute, pink, little sippy cup is now on my nemesis list - a short list, but it is there. So, take it from me - sippy cups work that way and do not put that cup in your mouth even if it is for the sake of your baby....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Okay, I'm ROTFLMBO!!!!! That's hillarious! Maybe try it with some diluted apple or white grape juice. Or even just plain water, maybe she'd like it better.
ReplyDelete