We spent our last few days at my sister's place, honestly, I don't think I had a choice. She would have run me down and taken baby k from me if we hadn't. It was great to hang out with her, let her have as much Kiera time as she could, she is one of the best aunties to Kiera! ;)
Here is Kiera all snuggled up, getting ready for her nap. Doesn't it just make you wanna take a nap?

So, to make our VERY long trek accross the US a bit more interesting we are going to hit all the "Diners, Drive-ins and Dives" as possible. If you are unsure as to what I am talking about, GOOGLE IT! I have had great success in finding new places to add to my favorites list of places to eat, of course most of these make it into the "artery clogging" places, but way worth it. On the days that we can hit one of these (some days we will hit mulitple!) we will give our "Large Rating" just in case you decide you wanna try one of these DDD's.
The first on our list was the Westside Drive-In. Paul was a bit bummed that we couldn't make it yesterday, because every Friday and Saturday is the Prime Rib Steak special.......at a Drive-In!? I guess the owner of this place was once a chef at those fancy restaurants, got tired of it and decided to buy one of the local places that was going under. This place was hopping and there was never a break of cars and walk-ups while were there....

I ordered the Cheeseburger and one of the specials of the day: "Buffalo Wedges". And Paul ordered the special of the day: Fish and Chips. I guess when you open up the plastic bag to pull out your food and your paperbag looks like this:

It's probably going to taste pretty darn good.
Paul gave his fish and chips a 4 out of 5. He says that the batter on the fish was definately chef quality.....I shouldv'e ordered the fish and chips. 
Ok, so mine wasn't that bad but I felt like it was like any other burger; the fries were a bit over cooked and there was not enough sauce. So mine got a 3 out of 5.
Over all we gave the place a 4 out 5; which we call the "If I lived here, I would be a regular". I think that I just ordered the wrong thing - my guess is to stick with the "specials" menu and you can't go wrong.

No comments:
Post a Comment