Miles traveled: 348
States "visited": 2
Hospital visits: 1
Triple D's hit: 1
Memories of long lost restaurants: 1
Sounds like an eventful day if you ask me!
At the beginning of the day, we asked Kiera, "Where should we go today?".....here's her response:

States "visited": 2
Hospital visits: 1
Triple D's hit: 1
Memories of long lost restaurants: 1
Sounds like an eventful day if you ask me!
At the beginning of the day, we asked Kiera, "Where should we go today?".....here's her response:
We stopped at Twin Falls, ID to give Kiera a rest. We decided to take it easy because she was not feeling well so we just found a mall and let her play for an hour.
We stopped again just outside of Salt Lake City at a rest area again because Kiera's temperature was rising again and she needed some fresh cool air. It was at this point we realized that she was going to HAVE to see a doctor. We was just not herself....actually, she hadn't really been her normal cheerful self for the entire trip but it was getting worse. The picture below is the ONLY one of her and me where she wasn't crying or on my chest just wimpering from feeling ill. So, we called up the local clinic and got an appointment at 4pm.....it was 1:30. Guess it was time to waste time.
Both Paul and I ordered the Philly, although, I hear that the Meatball sub is to die for. He got his plain: just the cheese and sliced steak. I got all the trimmin's: cheese, grilled onions, grilled mushrooms, and grilled bell peppers. It was DELICIOUS! It was the best Philly Cheesesteak that I had ever tasted, the steak was sliced so perfectly thin..... Paul said the same but we gave different ratings....how weird!
So, our ratings are as follows:
Christy: 4 out of 5 "If I lived here, I would be a regular"
Paul: 3 out of 5 "If someone offered to buy me dinner here, I wouldn't object"
So, the story that I am sure all of you have been waiting for: Kiera's doctor visit. Just to calm all fears: she is just fine, turns out that she has a bacterial infection and just needs to be on antibiotics for the next 10 days....That's a first for Kiera, she was drug free for so long.
Anyway, Kiera started out with a temperature Saturday night. It calmed down a bit on Sunday and she seemed to perk right back up so at first we thought that maybe another tooth was breaking through. The temperature flared back up Sunday night, we took her temp: 100.9. Hmmmm...We called up her doctor to see what was going on because there were NO other symptoms with her fever. They told us to monitor it for tonight and if it was still going strong by Monday afternoon to see a doctor. Well, it was and we did. Turns out that poor baby K had a temperature of 102.8 and had lost TWO POUNDS from not eating the past two days. (docs: that was normal b/c of the sickies....just as long as she was getting enough water, me:check.) They did the normal tests and if you've had kiddos you know that they DO NOT like being messed with when they are feeling bad. The first two tests were swabs: one in the back of the throat and one up the nose. Two tests: one for influenza, one for strepp throat; both negative. On to the next tests - the doc needed to find the reason for the fever seeing that the first two norms were negative. So, poor Kiera, was poked and proded again - this time a blood and urine sample. Let's just say that I couldn't hold her down while they were doing these tests because I was a wreck: sitting on my little blue chair, hair disheveled and weeping "dramatically" because I couldn't make it go all away for Kiera. Turns out she just has a simple bacterial infection and antibiotics will cure it! HOORAY!
Okay, so we were off to our hotel when we realized we shut the place down, it was late and we were hungry for dinner. Kiera was a happy girl now with drugs swimming through her little body helping her "fight the man", so we drove through a little place called Fazoli's. Paul picked this place saying it had the best food and we just had to eat there. The last time he ate there was when his family lived in Indiana for 6 months back in 1995 so you can see why I was a little skeptical. Surely, a fast food joint can't stay that good for 14 years....boy was I wrong. For those who are able to hit this fast food joint - DO! The food was the farthest from "fast food" tasting and I would bet some of the best Italian food I've ever had. I mean, come on, who doesn't love a salad that comes with salami and pepperchinis? Paul had the Lasagna and I had the Chicken Parm. DELICIOUS and honestly, we could have fed three more people with the amount of food they give you! So, even though this wasn't a Triple D, Paul and I still gave it a rating:
Paul: 4 out of 5, "If I lived here, I would be a regular"
Christy: 4 out of 5, "If I lived here, I would be a regular"

Hey! Get your butts back here. You said you were going to come over one more time before you left.
ReplyDeleteWe're still holding our breath, waiting.
I love your idea of rating the DDD's you go to on your way across the country! It gave me the idea to do the same over here. We have so many bakeries and local food. I decided I could rate the bakeries and Chad(more adventurous with food) could try the local eateries.
ReplyDeleteAngel