Yeah! Today was a fun day. We woke up 3 this morning just so we could make the extra stop to Chicago along our way to DC. We are so thankful we did. Chicago is a beautiful city. We can see why so many people call it their home. The architecture and parks were so beautiful I couldn't help but take a TON of photos, of which you are only seeing a teeny-tiny fraction of.
The first photo is for my baby sis....she is such a huge fan of Oprah I just had to stop by and take this photo for her! Sorry Aims, no Oprah. Although, if you give me an extra day I could always photoshop you and Oprah standing together in front of the sign. *wink*
I hope at one point to return so that I can ride the L train. We just didn't get the time to do it....sigh.
Okay, it is at this point I let my father down. There were THREE different Triple D's in this town and I didn't hit a single one of them! Sorry dad.....will you ever find it in your heart to forgive me? Instead, we hit one of the Food Networks suggestions for great pizza. We went to Giordano's for their famous stuffed pizza. We hit it at lunch so they had what they called mini-pizzas (aka personal pan sized). Paul had the spinach and I had the sausage. It was a simple pizza but pretty tasty. Paul and I gave it 3.5 out of 5 which would equal out to a "I'd make sure to hit this place at least every other month."
And poor Kiera, she didn't stand a chance on finishing her meal. Her meal is the pasta to the left of my pizza. They promised that this was the kid's sized pasta plate. It made me a little scared to see the size of that kid........
Sears Tower:

No comments:
Post a Comment