Monday, August 03, 2009

Great Falls

A new place to call home so new areas to explore! So I did what any other normal person would do - I google'd. There were of course a ton of normal DC stuff (i.e. museums etc) but we wanted to find some outdoorsy wilderness stuff....well, not to wildernessy but you get my drift. I found this place called "Great Falls" and the author of the site said that it "rivaled Niagara Falls beauty" and that it was "DC's Niagara Falls". So - how could we not hit this place. We made the 45 minute trek out there with great expectations and the picture below is what we got. This is the only "falls" on the entire river and I wouldn't exactly call it the Niagara Falls of DC.....It was beautiful just not quite what we expected!

Kiera had a great time climbing all over the rocks and she even found a little buddy! Such a social bug! He was not that into playing with her but she was persistent and tried to get herself in his line of sight as much as possible. Too cute!








2 comments:

  1. that second to last picture is hilarious, with her little head desperately trying to get his attention. Too cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I imagine after a good rainfall, it becomes a little more Niagara-esque.

    ReplyDelete